Community Reinvestment and CRA Public File
We serve the individual and business needs of the communities we serve, including the credit needs of low- and moderate-income areas.
We believe that we can fulfill our lending commitments, consistent with safe and sound operations, by following several simple guidelines:
- We actively seek to understand the credit needs of our markets, including low- and moderate-income areas.
- We actively strive to assure that our products and services are responsive to the needs of the communities we serve, including low and moderate income areas.
- We actively strive to assure that creditworthy potential customers in the communities we serve, including those in low and moderate income areas, are aware of the services we offer and our desire to serve them.
- We actively work to assure that our personnel understand and share the Bank’s commitment to serving low and moderate income customers and are equipped with the knowledge, products, delivery system and motivations needed to do so effectively.
- Webster Bank, as part of its community reinvestment efforts, will strive to make a meaningful investment in the communities we serve.
Our assessment area is the area that we regard as our basic community and lending areas. Our community and lending areas include all types of neighborhoods and districts, and persons of all races and income levels. Designation of our community and lending areas does not mean that we limit our lending to our assessment area.
Also, there may be parts of our community and lending areas where, for various reasons, we have been more active than in other areas. The delineation of the assessment area merely sets forth the general area of operation of Webster Bank. The concepts of our basic community and lending areas are subject to change as patterns or commercial development change and populations shift. We will regularly adjust our assessment areas to reflect these changes.