Webster is pleased to offer banking and bill payment services via the Internet. Delivering these services requires a solid security framework to protect you and Webster Bank.
There are several levels of security within our security framework including encryption and a sophistocated suite of security tools to help ensure the secure processing of financial transactions.
Strict internal procedures, including employee training, customer transaction confirmation and protection against service interruptions, are in place. We are constantly evaluating our security architecture and implementing new advances in security technology so that we provide the highest level of safety for our customers.
While we continue to evaluate and implement the latest improvements in Internet security technology, users of the online banking and bill payment system also have responsibility for the security of their information and should always follow the recommendations listed below:
- Utilize the latest version of your favorite browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. The online banking and bill payment system is best viewed and is most secure when you use the latest browser technology.
- Your Password must be kept confidential. Utilize a combination of alpha and numeric characters and change it frequently to ensure that the information cannot be guessed or used by others.
If you feel your password has been compromised, contact us immediately at 1-800-995-9995.
- Be sure others are not watching you enter information on the keyboard when using the system.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged on to the online banking and bill payment system. Others may approach your computer and gain access to your account information if you walk away.
- Click "sign out" when you are finished using the system to properly end your session. Once a session has been ended, no further transactions can be processed until you log on to the system again.
- Close your browser when you are finished, so that others cannot view any account information displayed on your computer.
- Keep your computer free of viruses. Use virus protection software to routinely check for a virus on your computer. Never allow a virus to remain on your computer while accessing the online banking and bill payment system.
When you follow these simple security measures, your interaction with Webster’s online banking and bill payment system will be completely confidential. We look forward to providing you with simple online banking and bill payment solutions both today and into the future - securely!
Back to Top