Helpful checklist for our new Webster Bank customers
Welcome to Webster Bank! Thank you for placing your trust in us. We appreciate the opportunity to keep earning your business every day. To get started on the right foot and to make your life easier – which is always a top goal of ours -- we devised this handy checklist to help you get your account set up with all the time-saving tools we offer for free.
10 easy steps to help your checking account be worry-free... let’s get started!
1. Enroll in Online Banking
First, let’s get you enrolled in online banking so you can pay bills online, check your balance with ease, get Paperless Statements for your accounts (safe, convenient, and green!), and access your accounts on the go through the Webster mobile banking app.
2. Download our app
Once you are enrolled in online banking, you’ll want to download our app so you can bank on the go. Search for “Webster Bank” in the Android (Google Play), or iTunes app stores and download it, or visit our Mobile Banking page for links to the app stores to download your Webster app.
See how to deposit checks with our app.
3. Fund your account
Now that we have those squared away, the next step is to fund your account, if you have not already done so, and start putting it to work for you. There are several ways to do this and we can help you pick the one that works best for you.
- Make a deposit at any branch or ATM
- With online banking, transfer funds from another Webster account or from an account you have at a different financial institution
- Deposit a check using your Webster app
4. Find the checks that are right for you
Even though there are more and more digital options these days (and Webster has them for you!) there are still many times when you need a check.
It’s safe, simple, and convenient – and you have many choices to choose the right ones for you. Here are some fast facts:
• Check orders will be sent to the mailing address on your account with delivery methods that are secure, expedited, and trackable;
- Shop from broad selection of classic, scenic, and cause-related checks;
- Plus you can also order address labels, checkbook covers, deposit tickets, check registers and much more
Get started today!
- Visit our check providing partner, Harland Clarke, to order from them directly online;
- Call us Toll Free at 800-325-2424;
- Stop by your local Webster branch and talk to a helpful Webster banker!
Plus, once you have placed your first order, and you do not require any changes, you can order checks by logging into WebsterOnline.com.
5. Set up balance alerts
Have you ever had that moment when you looked at your account balance and it’s not what you expected? Are you constantly checking your balance to see if a check posted? There’s an easier way to find out: Set up free high and low balance alerts. You’ll get a text and/or email when your balance hits a certain threshold that you established, and you’ll know as soon as we do. This is a great way to keep your account safe from fraud, too.
6. Sign up for paperless statements with eDelivery
Opening a new account is a nice, fresh start. Why not cut down on clutter - and help the environment - by opting for paperless statements. They're free, secure, and always at your fingertips through online banking.
Learn more about paperless statements
7. Update your direct deposit
Your direct deposit has to be updated by either your employer or another payee. You'll need to provide them with the correct routing number and your new account number in order for your account to be updated and have monies deposited into your new Webster account.
Here's a list of our routing numbers:
- The routing and transit number for CT customers is 211170101
- The routing and transit number for MA or RI customers is 211370231
- The routing and transit number for NY customers is 021973019
- The routing and transit number for former New Mil Bank customers is 211170156
Click here to get your direct deposit form.
8. Set up nicknames for your online accounts
If you have multiple accounts and want to view them all online, we suggest that you set up nicknames to differentiate them from each other. Here’s how to set up a nickname:
- Locate and click on the accounts tab then manage Webster accounts
- Select the account you want to nickname and type in the nickname (i.e. Jane’s checking) for the account in the designated area
- Click continue
- A confirmation page will be displayed
9. Connect with a Webster banker for help with just about anything
We’re here to answer your questions every day, whenever you need us. Here’s how to get in touch with our bankers:
- Connect with our Customer Care Center, 24/7, toll-free at 800-325-2424
- Find a branch near you or use our app
10. Refer a friend or business and you can both earn money
Refer a family member, friend, even a business to WebsterOnline and you can earn up to $500 each year... and they can too - up to $250!
Terms and conditions at websterbank.com/refer
Thank you for choosing Webster. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to banking, and thank you for trusting us. We will work hard to keep your money working hard for you. Let us know any questions below, or for a more private conversation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.