Open a personal checking account with Webster Bank
Whether you are looking to establish a new banking relationship or are looking to enhance your existing relationship as your needs change, Webster is here for you with personalized service and solutions tailored to your needs.
Let's learn more about the personal checking accounts available for you to choose from and the convenient ways we can help you to open it and anything else that makes sense for you.
- PLUS: Every Webster Checking account includes free and convenient online banking, including online bill pay and paperless statements, mobile banking6,, through Webster's free app and access to over 300 ATMs throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Westchester County, New York.
An account for your everyday needs
For all of us that just need the basics covered, Webster's Value checking delivers that and much more.
This is our most popular checking account with all the essential services you need for easy and convenient day-to-day banking, including online and mobile banking with check deposits6, online bill pay, paperless statements, and more.
It's easy to be free of a monthly service charge, too!
For all those who also look to Webster for Savings or Lending needs, as well, can take advantage of special Relationship accounts that give you more perks and help your money work harder for you.
More than just an account, WebsterOne gives you the advantages of a full banking relationship. That means discounts on home equity, mortgages, and personal loans (with ACH), higher CD rates, and more7…and we'll never charge you when you use another bank's ATM!
Tired of paying ATM fees? Premier Checking is the account for you. There are no ATM fees anywhere….we even refund the fees that other banks charge. You'll also get special interest rates, exclusive loan discounts7 and exceptional extras to help make the most of your money. We even have a dedicated customer service group ready to help you if you have any questions.
If you have a valid High School or College student ID (must be at least 15 years old) and a minimum deposit of $50, this checking account is a smart choice to start off your banking experience the right way. You won't have to worry about a monthly service charge for at least 5 years, and even the occasional overdraft fee is refunded. Plus, you can get your money where you want -- we'll even waive non-Webster ATM fees up to four times per statement cycle.
Easy to qualify for, Opportunity Checking is designed to help you get a bank account you need and help you get your finances back on track. You can open an account with just $50. Plus, you'll get a free Webster Visa® Debit Card, and access to convenient online banking with bill pay.
Are you ready to open your new account? Do you have additional questions? Either way, we have several ways to help you all the way through the process and make sure you find the account that's just right for you.
Also, feel free take a closer look and compare these personal checking accounts in more detail.
- Webster Premier Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $500 is required. You can avoid a $21.95 monthly maintenance fee by keeping $20,000 in combined monthly average checking, money market, and savings balances or $50,000 by adding CDs, home equity, and installment loan balances as of the end of your statement period; and monthly average investment balances (excluding the last day of the month). Fees may reduce earnings. Premier Checking is a tiered rate product. The tiers are $0 to $2,499.99, $2,500 to $9,999.99, $10,000 to $24,999.99, $25,000 to $49,999.99, and $50,000 and over. The APY (Annual Percentage Yield) for Premier Checking as of 06/17/2020 is 0.01% for balances of $0.01 to $49,999.99 and 0.02% for balances $50,000.00 and over, and is subject to change at any time.
Premier Checking ATM: Webster will not charge any fees for checking withdrawals at non-Webster ATMs. If you are charged a fee by another bank for checking withdrawals at its ATM, we will rebate the fee. Tax reporting may apply. Product features are subject to change at any time.
- WebsterOne® Relationship Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required. You can avoid a $16.95 (or $14.95 with direct deposit) monthly maintenance fee by keeping $4,000 in combined average checking, money market and savings balances during your monthly statement period or $20,000 adding CD, home equity and installment loan balances as of the end of your statement period. Rates and fees may vary by state and region; fees may reduce earnings. The APY (Annual Percentage Yield) for WebsterOne Relationship Checking is subject to change at any time.
- Webster Value Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required. You can avoid the $11.95 monthly service fee when you meet ONE of the following during your monthly statement cycle: a) maintain a monthly average balance of at least $1,000, OR b) are age 65 or older and have at least one direct deposit. Delivery of statements electronically is free; those accounts not enrolled in Statement eDelivery will receive a $2 monthly paper statement fee. This fee is waived for account holders age 65 and older or 18 and younger.
- Webster Student Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required. No monthly service charge. Student Checking is free for 5 years after opening or switching to this account. After 5 years, it will convert to Webster Value Checking. A valid student ID is required; if it is not provided within 60 days of account opening account will convert to Webster Value Checking. You must be at least 18 years old to open an individual checking account at Webster.A student at least 15 years old may open a joint Student Checking account with another individual who is at least 18 years old. Each joint owner has full control over the account and is responsible for the activity of the other owner, including the activity of a minor who is a joint owner. See your Deposit Account Disclosures for more details on Joint Ownership Accounts.
ATM benefits: Per statement cycle, Webster will not charge for up to 4 ATM fees associated with using non-Webster ATMs. If you are charged a fee by another bank for using its ATM, we will rebate 1 fee per statement cycle. Product features are subject to change at any time. Insufficient Available Funds Fees: 1 fee will be rebated per academic year (September to August).
- Opportunity Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required. The monthly service charge will be $16.95 (or $11.95 with direct deposit). Visa debit card purchases using the "credit" option are limited to $250 per calendar day. Other miscellaneous fees may apply. Delivery of statements electronically is free; those accounts not enrolled in Statement eDelivery will receive a $2 monthly paper statement fee. This fee is waived for account holders age 65 and older or 18 and younger.
Mobile Banking: You must be enrolled in Webster Online Services to use Webster Mobile Banking. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile services provider for any charges that may apply for data usage on your mobile device.
Other: Other miscellaneous fees may apply on any deposit account.
*Special Loan Discounts – Automatic Loan Payment Offer
Customers with any personal Webster Checking Account are eligible to receive an automatic payment rate discount on Home Equity Loans and Lines, Mortgages and Personal Loans. To receive the rate discount, an automatic payment deduction (ACH) is required from your Webster Bank personal checking account. This discount does not apply to Government Assisted Mortgages. Mortgages over $1,000,000 are not eligible for the discount. All loans and lines are subject to the credit approval process. Offer subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers from Webster or its affiliates. See a banker for details.