Traveling? Know before you go
Nothing can take the joy out of traveling like traffic, flight delays, crowds, and costs. Many times, it’s so stressful that you need a vacation from your vacation! While we can’t control most of those factors, there are a few ways to help ease the stress, like planning in advance which can reduce the chance of forgetting important items and is usually more cost effective.
TIP 1: Track spending
Monitor your transactions while on the go, either online or with the Webster mobile app. If you haven’t done so already, it may be beneficial to create your personalized online profile. This will help you with up-to-date, detailed account information including available balance, transaction history, statements, transfer options, bill payments, and more, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Creating an online account takes only a few minutes and can save valuable time.
TIP 2: Set up balance and transaction alerts
Track spending and stay on top of account balances quickly and easily with email and mobile alerts. You can automatically track deposits, withdrawals, and balance activity for 24/7 peace of mind. Sign up for alerts today.
TIP 3: Have a back-up payment option
Sign up for a credit card as an additional means of payment. Don’t let your vacation be spoiled by unforeseen expenses.
TIP 4: Use automatic bill payment
Schedule your bill payments ahead of time to be delivered while you are away. This helps to guarantee you won’t incur late payment fees.
TIP 5: Avoid overdraft fees
Enroll in overdraft protection to help reduce the costs associated should you ever overdraw on your account.
TIP 6: Check deposits on the mobile app
If you are traveling to an area outside of Webster’s footprint and need to make a deposit, don’t worry, the app’s got your back with access to mobile deposit and the ability to immediately deposit funds.
Additional helpful tips
- Leave a copy of your itinerary, (including flight, hotel and/or point of contact) with a loved one; print a copy for yourself in case of drained battery on electronic device
- Verify card expiration dates
- Bring a duplicate card and additional form of payment (visit a branch for addition details)
- Only use ATMs associated with a financial institution, avoid independent ATMs
- Only use secure internet connections, avoid free Wi-Fi over an open network
- Research Visa, medical requirements, and acceptable forms of payment for the country (international)
- Bring proof of insurance (check international requirements)
- Take a picture of your passport (international)
- Understand currency exchange rates/fees, ATM fees, credit card fees for the country (international)