If you’re a college student, chances are you’re under a lot of stress juggling school, work, family and friends, not to mention your finances. According to the The Inceptia Financial Stress survey, the top five stressors for college students are:
- the need to repay loans
- the cost of education
- borrowing money for college
- the need to find a job after school
- the academic challenge of course work
The survey also found that financial stress has a negative impact on academic performance or progress. We would like to help you alleviate some of that financial stress with our new student checking account, designed just for you.
Student Checking Benefits
Our brand new Student Checking Account comes with a slew of great benefits for college students including fee rebates, insufficient available funds forgiveness, and no monthly service charge just for starters. Here’s a breakdown of some of the benefits:
- No minimum balance or direct deposit requirements
- No monthly service charge for five years
- Waiver of your first 4 Webster fees per statement cycle when you use another bank's ATM
- 1 rebate of another bank’s ATM fee per statement cycle
- 1 insufficient funds fee automatically refunded per academic year (September - August)
- Free Webster Visa® debit card for fast and easy purchases
- Free Online Banking, including online bill pay & mobile banking
- No limit on the number of paper checks
- Free paperless Statement eDelivery
- Balance alerts to help you avoid overdrafts
- 24/7 banking at our ATM network
- Twitter and Facebook communities for service questions and exclusive content
To see all the details, visit our student checking page.
How to Open Your Student Checking Account
To open your student checking account, you will need to have a valid student ID. You can set up an account online, at any Webster Bank banking center, or by calling our Customer Care Center at 800-325-2424. This account is available to eligible customers who wish to either open a new account or convert an existing one. After five years or if you forget to submit a valid student ID, it converts to Value Checking account.
We’re excited to unveil this new account and want to hear your feedback. Let us know any questions or comments below.
You may also be interested in: