Webster’s Government Finance Group offers the customized solutions and specialized expertise your public organization needs, with the support and attention you deserve.
Overview + Offerings
Public sector organizations face a number of challenges, most notably, strict regulatory requirements and budgetary constraints. That’s why Webster has created a range of flexible services to meet your unique needs.
From helping you reconcile your accounts to maximizing your credit rating, our experienced relationship managers can customize products to best suit your organization.
Webster offers your public entity:
Our Breadth of Experience and Expertise
Webster has worked with various public organizations, including:
- States + State Agencies
- Housing Authorities
- School Districts
- Special Services Districts
Steadfast Security of Public Deposits
Webster takes pride in the security of its deposits and continues to hold the distinction of “well-capitalized.” For public funds, we offer many additional products that go above and beyond our standard level of collateral and insurance.
Webster offers the following:
- Collateralization options that are legally compliant in multiple states
- A Secured Municipal Account offering 100% collateralization of funds
- Federal Home Loan Bank Letters of Credit
- Third Party Custodial Agreements
Sophisticated Cash Management
Our range of checking and money market accounts and cash management products includes:
- Municipal Checking and Municipal Plus Checking®
- Money Market Deposit Accounts for higher yield investing
- Efficient Escrow Account Reporting through Webster Web-Link® Client Account Manager
- Real-time online services for all your Webster accounts on Webster Web-Link®
- Convenient Remote Deposit Capture with Webster Deposit-link®
- Secure online revenue collection through Webster Payment-link®
- Faster collection process with Lockbox Processing
- Automated Clearing House (ACH)
- Wire Transfer services
Fraud Protection and Loss Prevention
Every organization is susceptible to fraud, but public entities are particularly at risk. Your relationship manager will work closely with your organization to help deter and prevent losses resulting from fraud.
Take advantage of important tools like:
- Positive Pay
- Event Notification
- ACH Debit Block & Filters
- Secure Check Stock
- Armored Courier Service
Range of Insurance Services + Employee Benefits
To help you prepare for the unexpected and protect your organization, we offer services, through our marketing relationship with USI Insurance Services of Connecticut, Inc., including:
- Property + Casualty insurance
- Employee benefits—including medical, dental, life, and disability
- Workers’ Compensation
To learn more about our Government Finance services, please give us a call.
- In Connecticut or New York: 1-888-544-9278
- In Massachusetts or Rhode Island: 1-888-628-0583