Online Banking Questions
- What types of banking transactions can I do online?
- Can I use more than one checking and savings account with this Internet product?
- Which accounts can I transfer funds between?
- How do I transfer money between my Webster Bank accounts?
- Can I set up transfers to take place automatically?
- Are there limits to the number of transfers I can make?
- When are transfers processed?
- Can I stop or change a transfer that I already set up?
- Can I transfer money between Webster and other financial institutions?
- How does external transfers work?
- When does interest begin to accrue on deposits?
- What accounts can I transfer from or to?
- How long will external transfers take to process?
- How much can I transfer?
- How many non-Webster accounts can I have?
- Is there a fee for the external transfer service?
- How much can I transfer from my CD?
- How much can I pay on my loan or line of credit from my deposit account?
- How will my loan payments be applied?
- Do I have the option to make extra principal payments and what is the benefit?
- How do I export data into other financial programs such as Quicken or Microsoft Money?
- How far back does my account history go?
- Can I see my bank statement online?
- Can I use my online statement as my "official" bank statement?
- What do I need to do to view my statements online?
- Do I have to be enrolled in Webster Online Services to receive my statements online?
- How soon can I see my latest monthly statements online?
- How can I stop delivery of my paper statements?
- How long after I opt out of receiving paper statements will I have to wait before mail delivery is stopped?
- Can I receive my statements electronically and still get my cancelled checks mailed to me?
- How can I print my check images?
- Can I get images of my cleared checks online?
- How many months of images can I get online?
- Can I order my checks online?
- Can I export my statements?
- Are there any fees associated with Online Banking?
- Can I view my personal and business accounts together on one page?
- Is there a cost for the Authorized Access feature?
- How difficult is Authorized Access to initiate?
- How quickly can I change my Authorized Access assignees?
- How can my business benefit by using Authorized Access?
- Who in my company is eligible for Authorized Access?
You can check your account balances, transfer money between Webster accounts and view your transaction history to see which transactions have cleared and which are still outstanding.
Yes. You can add just about any account to your online banking profile – checking, savings, money market and CD, as well as mortgage, home equity loans and lines and consumer loans.
You may transfer between eligible Webster Accounts as follows:
|Savings (except passbook)||Yes||Yes|
|CD (available interest)||Yes||Yes|
|Line of Credit||Yes||Yes|
From the Money Transfers category, select Transfer Between Webster Accounts. Then, you select the accounts to transfer from and to, enter the amount and select the transfer date.
Yes. You can either set up one transfer, or a series of recurring transfers to automatically take place at some time in the future by selecting the appropriate Transfer Type (Future or Recurring), and entering the future date as your Transfer Start Date.
The number of transfers allowed per statement cycle for savings and money market accounts is limited. For more details, please refer to your Deposit Account Disclosure for Consumer Accounts.
Transfers set up before 7:00 p.m. on normal business days are processed immediately, unless you specify that you want the transfer to occur on a future date or on a recurring frequency. Future and Recurring transfers will be processed after 7:00 pm on the scheduled business day.
Immediate transfers cannot be stopped or changed. However, any transfers that you set up to be processed in the Future, whether one transfer or a series of Recurring transfers, are stored as Pending Transfers and can be stopped or changed at any time before 7:00 pm on the Next Transfer Date. You can make changes or delete any Pending Transfer by selecting Update Pending Transfers from the Money Transfers category.
Yes, Webster offers external transfers capability. You can establish non-Webster accounts to easily and conveniently move money between your Webster accounts and accounts you hold at other financial institutions.
First, you must add the non-Webster accounts you would like to transfer between to your online profile. This is accomplished by providing the Routing and Transit number, account number and type of account you hold at another financial institution. We will then process 2 small dollar transactions to authenticate your account. This process usually takes 2-3 business days. Once your account is authenticated, it is available for external transfers. Second, when you schedule a transfer between your Webster and non-Webster account, we will electronically process your request with the financial institution through a secure network called the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system. The ACH system is a nationwide electronic funds transfer network which enables participating financial institutions to distribute electronic credit and debit entries to bank accounts and to settle such entries.
With external transfers, a hold is placed on your deposit for 2 business days following the date of your transfer request. On interest-bearing checking, money market and savings accounts for non-cash items, interest begins to accrue no later than the Banking Day we receive credit for your deposit. On all Certificates of Deposit accounts, interest begins to accrue on the Banking Day you make your deposit.
With external transfers, you can initiate transfers from or to your eligible Webster checking, savings and certain types of loan accounts. Transfers involving your non-Webster accounts must be to or from a checking or savings account you hold at another financial institution.
We will electronically process your request with the financial institution through a secure network called the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system. Although we cannot guarantee when your financial institution will post these transactions, they are normally processed within 2-3 business days.
With external transfers, you can transfer up to $10,000 per day between your eligible Webster and non-Webster accounts.
There is no limit to the number of non-Webster accounts you can establish for external transfers.
No, Webster provides this service at no cost to you.
You may transfer up to your available interest from your CD.
The minimum is any amount you choose, however, your regular scheduled payment will be due.
Any payments will be applied to interest first, then to principal.
Yes, you have the option to make extra principal payments. Your loan must be current with no fees outstanding before an extra principal payment will be applied. The benefit of making extra principal payments is that your account will mature sooner resulting in less interest being paid over the life of the loan.
Select "Export Transactions" from the menu and following the on screen prompts. You may export transactions in .qif or .txt format. You will then need to import that information into the financial program.
Online Banking provides you with up to 60 days of transaction history for your checking and savings accounts and up to 1 year of transaction history for your CD, IRA, Mortgage, Home Equity, Credit Line and other Loan accounts. To view this information, select "Account History" from the menu.
Yes. Your monthly checking, savings and money market account statements are available online. Your online statements contain the same information about your bank accounts as the traditional paper statements that you receive in the mail. Viewing your statements online provides the following benefits:
- Faster access - Your statement is available to view online as soon as your statement cycle closes; no waiting for the mail!
- Extensive history - We'll never delete your online deposit account statements, including check images and deposit slip images. And we have statements for you dating back to February 2010. For loans, view up to 12 months of history.
- More flexibility - You can sort the information and view it the way you like best - by date, by category, from oldest to newest, etc - you decide.
- Easier storage and filing - You can print the statements and store the paper, or you can save them to a file or cd and enjoy paperless storage.
Yes, a printed copy of your online statement will look identical to the paper statement you receive in the mail and, therefore can serve as your official bank statement.
If you’re already enrolled in Webster Online Services, you can immediately view the statements for any Webster checking, savings and money market accounts included in your online profile. If you’re not a Webster Online Services customer, simply enroll now to view your statements online.
Yes. Enrollment in Webster Online Services is required to receive online statements.
Your statements and check images are available online the same day that your statement cycle ends. For example, if your statement cycle ends on the 3rd of each month, you will be able to see your latest statement online on the 3rd of the month.
You may request to stop delivery of your paper statement(s) and check images by selecting the "Update eDelivery Options" link in the Related Services menu. When you select this option we will send an email reminder to the email address you provide when your statement(s) becomes available online.
How long after I opt out of receiving paper statements will I have to wait before mail delivery is stopped?
Your paper statement(s) will no longer be delivered by mail effective with your next statement once you have elected electronic delivery.
No. Only accounts that currently receive images in the statement are eligible for electronic delivery. When you elect to stop receiving paper statements by mail, you will be able to print your statements as well as your check images online.
You can print the front and back of a single check image by clicking on the icon beside the check transaction in your history, your online statements or a search result. You can also print all of your checks that have cleared during a statement period by selecting "Print Check Images" on the Online Statements Print Options screen.
Yes. You can view and print individual checks (and deposit slips) by clicking on the icon from your online statement, transaction history or search results. The front and back of your check are displayed.
You can get individual images of checks (and deposit slips) that have cleared since your last statement when you access your transaction history. We'll never delete your online deposit account statements, including check images and deposit slip images. And we have statements for you dating back to February 2010.
Yes, as long as you have ordered checks from Webster Bank in the past 36 month, you will be able to reorder them online. Your previous order history is also available.
Yes. You can export your statements using Quicken, Microsoft Money or text formats.
Online Banking is free for all Webster Customers.
Yes, if you are sole proprietor using your Social Security as your Tax ID, you can see both your personal and business accounts together on one page and with one log on id. Just add the account in question to your online profile using the "add account feature" and you will be able to see both accounts on your Account Balance page.
No. This feature is free for all Webster Online business customers.
Getting started is easy. Simply access the "Add New User" function from the Authorized Access menu, provide the necessary user information and level of access for the new user - Administrator, Transact User or View Only.
You can change the level of access you provide anytime by accessing the "Manage User Access" function from the Authorized Access menu.
You can provide 3 levels of access: Administrator, Transact User and View Only user. You can provide View Only access to your bookkeeper for viewing account information, such as a copy of a check or to look at a statement. You can also grant Transact User access to other employees to make a transfer to cover this week's payroll, as long as they are authorized signers for your business. You can also create other Administrators that can administer rights as long as they are authorized signers for your business.
Anyone in your company is eligible to be setup for Authorized Access. You can designate 3 levels of access: Administrator, Transact User and View Only user. An Administrator or Transact User must be an authorized signer on any account being granted access to. A View Only user does not have to be a signer of any accounts they are being granted access to, but may only perform limited online transactions.