#WHATMATTERSMOST GIFT CARD AND GIFT CERTIFICATE GIVEAWAY
NO ACCOUNT OR PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
AN ACCOUNT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
By entering the Promotion, the entrant fully and unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: This #whatmattersmost promotion (“Promotion”) is open only to United States legal residents who, at the time of entry, are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, and who are residents of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island (the “Geographic Area”). Employees of Webster Bank, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside the Geographic Area and where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 2, 2015 and ends at 12:00 AM ET on July 3, 2015 (the “Entry Period”). To be entered into the Promotion for a chance to win a prize described below, visit https://public.websteronline.com/surprises locate the posts about the Promotion, complete the online entry form, submit it during the Entry Period, and then tweet @websterbank with the #whatmattersmost hashtag during the Entry Period. Limit one online entry form per person, and use of only one email address and Twitter account per person. Multiple entry forms by a single person are void, use of multiple Twitter accounts by a single person are void, and duplicate, or near duplicate Tweets by a single person are void. Alternatively, you may email in your entry with your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, age, state of residence, and a printed message that states @websterbank and the #whatmattersmost hashtag to Sponsor at the following email address: email@example.com]. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted and late entries are void. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
Internet charges, phone charges, and all other expenses that you may incur to participate in the Promotion are your responsibility. By tweeting to @websterbank with the #whatmattersmost hashtag during the Entry Period, you warrant that the content of the tweet is original to you, and is not owned by another person or entity.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor on a weekly basis starting on or about March 9, 2015, and ending on or about July 3, 2015 (the “Drawing Period”), to randomly select potential winners from among all eligible entries received in advance of the drawing. All Sponsor decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received in advance of the drawing. Potential winners will be notified by email using the email address that was provided on the online entry form. If the notification email is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible or does not respond to the notification email within 24 hours after the date it is sent, Sponsor may select an alternative potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received in advance of the drawing. A maximum of one such alternate random drawing will be held for each weekly drawing, and if the potential alternative winner of the weekly drawing is disqualified or otherwise not eligible to accept the prize, no further drawings will be held and the prize will not be awarded for that weekly drawing. The potential winner may be required to sign an “Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity and Liability Release” or similar documents, prior to and as a condition of prize acceptance.
- PRIZES AND VERIFIABLE RETAIL VALUES OF EACH: During the Drawing Period: there will be four $100 VISA® gift card drawing prizes per week, for an aggregate of $2,400; and one $400 retail gift certificate drawing prize per week (from an issuer selected by Sponsor), for an aggregate of $2,400:
$100.00 VISA® gift cards – 4 per week for 6 weeks = $2,400
$400.00 retail gift certificate prizes – 1 per week for 6 weeks = $2,400
Limit one (1) prize per household. The verifiable retail value of each VISA® gift card drawing prize is $100. The verifiable retail value of each retail gift certificate drawing prize is $400. Major restrictions may apply to the use, availability or receipt of the prizes. Any taxes, fees and expenses related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The verifiable retail value of the prize may fluctuate based on various factors such as the time gap between the date the verifiable retail value was determined for inclusion in these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded. No more than five prizes per week during the Drawing Period will be awarded, for a maximum of thirty (30) prizes awarded for the Promotion. The prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of greater or equal value.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
By participating in the Promotion, entrants and winners agree: (a) to release, discharge, defend, hold harmless, and indemnify, Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotion and Internet agencies, Twitter, Facebook and all other service providers, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, consultants, contractors, and legal counsel of each of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including without limitation, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind) arising out of or related to the Promotion, any entrant’s participation in the Promotion, Promotion-related activities involving any prize winner and/or prize, and/or acceptance/use/misuse of any prize, and/or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, even if previously advised of the possibility of such damages; and (b) to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final.Released Parties are not responsible and shall have no liability whatsoever for faulty, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; mistranscribed phone/email transmissions; incorrect announcements of any kind; typographical or other errors in any materials associated with the Promotion, including without limitation, the printing of the offer, the administration of the promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes; hardware or software failures or malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation, any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion; lost, interrupted, delayed, or unavailable networks, services or other connections; inability to access any web site or online service; any conditions caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties; lost, failed, incomplete, illegible, garbled, damaged, stolen, late, misdirected, or delayed entries and/or computer transmissions; any other errors, malfunctions, or miscommunications of any kind, whether authorized or unauthorized, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering, including without limitation, by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client; and/or for insufficient space in a user's email account to receive email.
IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZES AND ALL ELEMENTS OF THE PROMOTION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY ARISE BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO CERTAIN OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- General rules: Each winner will be required to provide additional information including the winner’s social security number or account number, for any relevant tax reporting that Sponsor deems as necessary. Typically the value of the prizes will not require the generation of a 1099-MISC by Sponsor, however if you have taken advantage of other promotions, or received other incentives, or if you win multiple prizes from Sponsor, the aggregate benefit you receive may require such reporting. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by such entrant may be declared null and void. Acceptance of prize constitutes a perpetual, worldwide right and permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name and/or likeness in any media, whether now known or hereafter developed, for trade, advertising or promotional purposes without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any other materials, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted by entrants becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, the administration of the promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, misconduct, tampering, technical failures, or other difficulties that compromise the integrity of the Promotion; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted at https://public.websteronline.com/surprises and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online entry form. Any damage made to the web site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation stated herein or with any other provision set forth in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS: Names of Promotion winners will be posted on http://twitter.com/websterbank beginning on or about March 13, 2015 through July 3, 2015. For the Promotion winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Attn: Marketing Department, 145 Bank Street, Waterbury, CT 06702 or visit http://twitter.com/websterbank. Requests for the Promotion winner list must be received by July 3, 2016 to be honored.
- CHOICE OF VENUE; GOVERNING LAW: By entering the Promotion, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or regarding any prize awarded or not awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be resolved exclusively by an appropriate state or federal court located in the State of Connecticut, and the entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. These Official Rules shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States (excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods) and the State of Connecticut, without regard to conflict of law provisions thereof.
- SPONSOR: Webster Bank, N.A., Webster Plaza, 145 Bank Street, Waterbury, CT 06702